Day 114 of 366: Blog Challenge 2012
Well, I have been delighted by the response I have had to the “Favourite Things” theme yesterday! Thank you so much to all who responded.
What struck me most of all from the responses given, were how different and diverse all of us are as people. It actually fills me with a great deal of joy, knowing that all the people who responded and who I am connected with in various ways, are in my life. I felt I knew you all better for “hearing” your voice on the things that moved you.
This experience has been quite interesting and invigorating for me and I found myself interviewing the sales lady at the clothes shop this morning! This launched us into a wonderful discussion as she told me her favourite colour, season and smell.
I have to admit that I am not really new to striking up conversations with strangers in shops but this story can wait until another day as I must keep myself on-track. How easily I can digress folks!
Now, back to this business of YOUR Favourite Things. I have decided to do one favourite at a time so that I can spend a little time discussing it all with you. Today I will discuss your favourite: COLOUR. Okay folks, here we go …
COLOUR: This colour wheel really captures the range of colour beautifully, doesn’t it?
- Belinda is my daughter-in-law and she loves the colour BLUE . The website “Your Favourite Colour: What It Says About You” tells me that people who like blue are: “soft, soothing, compassionate and caring, Blue is the color of deliberation and introspection, conservatism and duty.” There you go Belinda, I think this is true of you. As a hairdresser you are so soothing, compassionate and caring of your clients and that’s why they all love you and so do I!
- My husband Geoff”s choice was AQUA because of the colour of the sea and he loves the sea. My dear husband would be pleased to know (but he will never read this remember?) that AQUA or TURQUOISE are “Complex, imaginative and original, Turquoise people drive themselves hard and may be in a state of turmoil under their outwardly cool exterior.” Yes he does drive himself far too hard … and oh dear, he IS certainly original!!
- Emma a friend, says “I’m a PURPLE girl, especially, the indigo end of the purple spectrum.” Here is what my sources says about purple Emma: “Purples are highly individual, fastidious, witty and sensitive, with a strong desire to be unique and different. Temperamental, expansive and artistic.” Oh, you are indeed so artistic! Emma makes the most beautiful hand-made quilts and has been published in Quilting magazines and she has even invented a quilting tool too!
- Veronica also liked PURPLE. The colour makes her feel warm and comforted. Veronica is my daughter’s sister-in-law and even though we do not know one another really well, I feel as if I have got to know her on Facebook and she is doing a wonderful job as a single mother of two young children and studying part-time as well. Have I got the studying part right?? Veronica recently used her talents to win a holiday on the Gold Coast with her family. Well done!
- Jeanne says, “Well Tess, color (we Americans spell it differently) is GREEN – from a very pale mint green to grass-green to Irish Pub green.” This is the message for you Jeanne: “The color of harmony and balance, Green symbolizes hope, renewal and peace, and is usually liked by the gentle and sincere.” I met Jeanne and her husband Eric for the first time when we shared Dinner every night on a 7-day cruise from Venice to Instanbul and back in 2008 and have been in touch on Facebook ever since. Jeanne was wonderful to our 80-year-old dinner companion Doris who was travelling alone and I was struck by her kindness and sincerity to her.
- Sharon, my neighbour loves GREEN also but she did tell me how she used to hate PINK and then something changed within her and she began to really feel good about it and is often now attracted to things that are pink. Still, GREEN remains her favourite. Sharon herself is also gentle and sincere and I count her as a very dear friend.
- Anne says that “ORANGE is bright and happy colour reminds me of the sun which makes me feel warm and safe.” I used to work with Anne and it does not at all surprise me that she likes orange!! This is what I found out about orange: “This color of luxury and pleasure appeals to the flamboyant and fun-loving person who likes a lively social round. Orange people may be inclined to dramatize a bit, and people notice them, but they are generally good-natured and popular.” Oh Anne, how true is this? You have such a great sense of humour and fun! As a single girl she has lots of friends and a good social life. How I miss working with you. We had such good times together and many “deep and meaningfuls!”
So there you have it. You can read more on this website: : http://www.care2.com/greenliving/favorite-color-personality.html#ixzz1sqaws1ED. However, you may wish to do your own search and find other sites which are more useful. Oh, by the way, the sales lady loved PINK because it reminded her of marshmellows. Love that!
Until tomorrow when I will discuss SEASONS …